Pesto Zoodles with Chicken
Zoodles are life changing. They can make Italian food part of your daily life. Pesto zoodles takes it to the next level.
Ingredients 2 medium zucchini spiralized1 medium onion thinly sliced1/4 cup pesto see previous post for my favorite pesto recipe2 chicken breasts2 Tbsp olive oilJuice from half lemonSalt and Pepper to tasteShredded parmesan and pine nuts to garnish
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Place chicken breasts in skillet; season with salt and pepper, add lemon juice to skillet.
- Chicken breasts will take approximately 15 minutes to cook; make sure to flip halfway through cooking. Let chicken breasts rest for approximately 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, heat a second skillet over medium heat with 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Add sliced onion to skillet and sauté for a few minutes until it starts to become transparent.
- Add zoodles in with onions and stir to combine.
- Sauté zoodles with onions for about 3 minutes.
- Stir pesto into zoodles and onions and cook for 2-3 more minutes, until incorporated.
- To serve, dish up zoodles and top with sliced chicken. Garnish with parmesan and pine nuts.