These Low Carb Smoothies are a great breakfast or snack that will keep you full for hours. They’re healthy milkshakes too.
I have been obsessed with my morning low carb smoothies lately!
Here are 7 Low Carb Smoothie Recipes that will help you to achieve weight-loss results everyone’s talking about.
1. Low-Carb Acai Almond Butter Smoothie
With 20 grams of fat and only eight grams of carbs, this smoothie is perfect for the low carb diet. It packs tons of flavor from unsweetened acai, avocado, and almond butter.
1 100g Pack Unsweetened Acai Puree
3/4 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
1/4 of an Avocado
3 tbsp Collagen or Protein Powder
1 tbsp Coconut Oil or MCT Oil Powder
1 tbsp Almond Butter
1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 drops Liquid Stevia (optional)
- If you are using individualized 100 gram packs of acai puree, run the pack under lukewarm water for a few seconds until you are able to break up the puree into smaller pieces. Open the pack and put the contents into the blender.
- Place the remaining ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth. Add more water or ice cubes as needed.
- Drizzle the almond butter along the side of the glass to make it look cool.
- Enjoy and pat yourself on the back for an awesome workout and killer post workout smoothie!
2. Blueberry Galaxy Smoothie
The base of this thick smoothie is full-fat coconut milk, which makes it a great choice for low carb dieters. It also has a solid serving of protein to keep you feeling fuller longer. The medium-chain triglyceride oil (a.k.a. MCT oil) that’s in this low carb smoothie will help you pack in even more healthy fats.
1 Cup Coconut Milk
0.25 Cup Blueberries
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
1 tsp MCT Oil
1 Scoop Whey Protein Powder optional
- Put all the ingredients into a mixer, and blend until smooth.
- If you like the swirl, I added a tablespoon of some full fat yogurt after the smoothie was in the cup, and swirled it around, touching the sides. Galaxy Complete!
3. Clean and Green Smoothie
When you think of a smoothie, you’re probably not picturing a savory treat packed with herbs, turmeric, and fresh lemon juice, but this recipe totally changes the game. Not only is it packed with fats from avocado and MCT oil, it has anti-inflammatory ingredients like leafy greens and turmeric to aid digestion.
1 cup filtered water
1 tablespoon MCT oil (Simply Good Fats)
1/2 organic cucumber
1 large handful dark leafy greens
1 – 2 leaves dandelion
2 tablespoons parsley
2 tablespoons hemp seeds
Juice from 1 lemon
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder or 2 turmeric capsules
Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth, about 1 minute. Best enjoyed cold.
4. Keto Frozen Berry Shake
When it comes to fruit smoothies on the low carb diet, berries are the way to go. “The best low-sugar fruits are going to be berries—with the hierarchy being blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries at the top. With coconut cream as the base, you’ll get a ton of fat for your body to burn, too.
1/3 cup creamed coconut milk or heavy whipping cream (80 g / 2.8 oz)
1/2 cup water or almond milk (120 ml / 4 fl oz)
1/2 cup mixed berries, frozen (75 g / 2.6 oz)
1 tbsp MCT oil or extra virgin coconut oil (MCT oil is better as it doesn’t solidify)
1/2 cup ice or more
3-5 drops Stevia extract (clear or berry)
1/2 tsp sugar-free vanilla extract (you can make your own)
whipped cream or coconut milk on top
- To “cream” the coconut milk, simply place the can in the fridge overnight. Next day, open, spoon out the solidified coconut milk and discard the liquids. Do not shake before opening the can. One 400 gram can will yield about 200 grams of coconut cream.
- Place the creamed coconut milk, berries, water or almond milk and ice into a blender.
- Add MCT oil and stevia (optional).
- Pulse until smooth and serve immediately. Optionally, top with whipped cream or coconut milk.
5. Green Low-Carb Breakfast Smoothie
If you’re looking to drink your veggies instead of eating them, this smoothie is a good place to start. With cucumber, celery, and spinach, you’ll get fiber that will keep you full. And thanks to the avocado, this green drink fits right into your low carb goals. Want to get more fat than protein? Cut the protein powder serving in half.
1.5 cups almond milk
1 oz spinach
50 grams cucumber
50 grams celery
50 grams avocado
1 tbsp coconut oil
10 drops liquid stevia
1 scoop Isopure Protein Powder (about 30 grams)
1/2 tsp chia seeds (to garnish)
1 tsp matcha powder (optional)
- Into a blender or Nutribullet, add your almond milk and spinach. Blend for a second to break down the spinach to make room for the rest of the ingredients.
- Add in the rest of your ingredients and blend for about a minute until creamy.
- You can add a teaspoon of matcha powder for added benefits and a kick of caffeine.
- Pour it into a glass and garnish with chia seeds. Enjoy!
6. Minty Green Protein Smoothie
A low carb twist on mint chocolate chip ice cream, this recipe makes a delicious breakfast treat. The cacao nibs will add some texture to this creamy smoothie made with avocado. Opt for fresh mint instead of stevia if you’re looking to cut artificial sweeteners.
1 cup fresh spinach
10-12 drops SweetLeaf® Liquid Stevia Peppermint Sweet Drops™
1 scoop whey protein powder
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/4 tsp peppermint extract
1 cup ice
Optional: Cacao nibs
Place avocado, spinach, protein powder and milk in a blender and blend until smooth. Add the SweetLeaf® Liquid Stevia Peppermint Sweet Drops™, extract, and ice, and blend until thick. Taste and adjust stevia, as needed.
7. Blueberry Coconut Chia Smoothie
This recipe will satisfy your fruit cravings while keeping it low-carb. With full-fat Greek yogurt and coconut cream, you’re getting just the right amount of fat in this smoothie. You can add in protein to fit your daily goals, too.
1 cup frozen blueberries
1 cup full fat Greek yogurt (you can use almond milk or coconut milk yogurt for dairy-free and vegan options)
1/2 cup coconut cream (the really thick creamy stuff from the top of the can of full fat coconut milk)
1 cup unsweetened cashew or almond milk
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp ground chia seed
2 Tbsp Swerve Sweetener or equivalent sweetener (use your favourite!)
Feel free to add protein powder, collagen or any other supplement that appeals to you.
- Combine all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
- Divide among 4 glasses and serve.