Low Carb Portobello Pizza
Portobello pizza is an easy and delicious way to make keto stuffed mushrooms!
Ingredients 4 Portobello mushroom caps stem removed2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil1/2 teaspoon saltpepper to taste4 tablespoons marinara sauce1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced1 ounce turkey pepperoni cut into fourthsFresh basil
- Heat your broiler or outdoor grill.
- Drizzle olive oil over both sides of mushroom caps. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Broil or grill 5 minutes on each side.
- Top each cap with 1 tablespoon tomato sauce, 1/4 cup of cheese, 1/4 cup of sliced tomatoes and evenly divide up pepperoni to each.
- Broil or grill 2-3 minutes until cheese is nicely melted.
- Top with fresh basil if desired.
I find using dry cheese such as shredded mozzarella gives the best results. Using fresh mozzarella may cause the mushrooms to release some liquid during the broiling / grilling process.