This Keto Chicken Parmesan is a super easy dinner recipe that’s bursting with savory, flavorful, cheesy, tomatoey flavor!
Ingredients 300 grams Chicken breasts boneless and skinless100 grams Buffalo Mozeralla30 grams Parmesan cheese100 grams Tomato (pureed)1 Tbsp Chopped Parsley1 Tbsp Chopped Basil1 Tbsp Butter1 Tbsp olive oil1/2 Egg1 Tsp Italian Seasoning5 grams garlic1 Tsp Dried Oregano1/2 Tsp Red Chilly FlakesSalt & Pepper
- Butterfly the chicken breasts. Cover with cling wrap and beat till nice and thin. You want a nice even and thin chicken escalope
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides
- Beat the egg together with the Italian seasoning to make the eggwash and mix together the grated parmesan cheese and finely chipped parsley to create the 'keto breadcrumbs'
- Dip the chicken into the eggwash and then coat with the faux breadcrumb mixture.
- Pan fry the chicken breasts with the olive oil and half the butter. Cook for 60-90 seconds on each side.
- Set the chicken aside and allow it to rest
- Add the minced garlic to the same pan and cook till lightly browning
- Add in the freshly pureed tomatoes to the pan along with some salt, the dried oregano and chilli flakes. Also add the remaining butter and cover and cook on a medium flame for 4-5 minutes
- Finish the sauce with some freshly chopped basil leaves
- To assembled the chicken parm, layer an oven proof dish with the tomato sauce, place the chicken on top and chop some fresh buffalo mozzarella and place on top of the chicken
- Broil in the oven for 7-8 minutes at the highest temperature to melt and brown the cheese on top
- Once the cheese has melted, serve.