This Keto Butter Chicken meal is so quick and delectable, you’ll be singing its praises to family and friends! Melt a large dollop on top of this delicious butter chicken!
FOR THE CHICKEN MARINADE:1 cup plain full-fat Greek-style yogurt or plain coconut yogurt1 tablespoon lemon juice2 teaspoons ground turmeric1 teaspoon ground cuminKosher salt to taste900 g boneless chicken skinless chicken, diced into bite-sized pieces
FOR THE BUTTER SAUCE:60 g butter or ghee1 tablespoon vegetable oil such as avocado1 medium onion peeled and diced3 cloves garlic ran through a press1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger2 teaspoons cumin seeds optional1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon1/2 14-ounce can diced tomatoes or 2 medium-sized tomatoes diced1 jalapeno pepper seeded and dicedkosher salt to taste1/2 cup chicken stock1/2-1 cup heavy cream or coconut cream/full-fat milk, to taste2 tablespoons almond flour
- Mix in a bowl yogurt, lemon juice, garam masala, turmeric, cumin, and season with salt to taste. Stir in chicken pieces. If possible, cover and refrigerate for a couple of hours (or up to a day).
- Melt butter with oil in a large pan over medium heat until bubbly. Add in onion and cook, stirring often, until translucent. Add in garlic, ginger, cumin seeds and cinnamon. Continue to cook until onions are browned, stirring frequently.
- Add in tomatoes, chili and season with salt. Cook until the tomatoes are fully cooked and the chili soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add in the chicken with the yogurt marinade into the pan and cook for 5 minutes. Pour in stock and bring the mixture to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in cream and almond flour and continue to simmer for 10-15 minutes until chicken is fully cooked. Season to taste.
- Serve right away over a bed of cauliflower rice and garnished with cilantro leaves.