If you are thinking of how to lose weight fast without exercise, while having a good result, a low-carb diet is an excellent choice.
I was managed to lose 40 kg|96 pounds with low carb diet, and I am very proud of it. I thought that in the struggle for harmony I would have to overcome difficulties, but most of them were imaginary. The most important thing is to gather willpower and not make compromises with itself.
This is ME before and after losing 96 pounds.
Read my FULL Low Carb Diet Weight Loss Story that will help you find inspiration to achieve your weight loss goals.
Low-carb diet can quickly lose up to 10 to 20 pounds of body fat in the first month itself. Studies have revealed that this way of losing weight does not bring harm to health.
Principles of a low carb diet
It’s no secret that the main cause of excess weight is excessive amount of carbohydrates in the diet. Therefore, the main task of a low-carb diet is to minimize their intake into the body.
As part of this diet, you will have to eliminate buns, bread, pasta, cereal, potatoes, corn, convenience foods, sweets, and so on. The basis of the diet – vegetables, beans, meat, fish, cheese, dairy and dairy products, nuts, greens.
The second factor ensuring its effectiveness is the increased intake of fats of plant and animal origin, which are involved in the formation of ketone bodies, which also contribute to the inhibition of hunger. Therefore, low-carb diet is classified as high-protein types of food.
- In this system, there is a small amount of carbohydrates that allows you to function normally and at the same time become slimmer.
- For a person of average build, the daily intake of the carbohydrate component of food in the daily diet is 100 g. For weight loss, most often enough reduction to 40 g. Supporters of the radical approach recommend reducing the intake of the carbohydrate component to 20-30 g per day.
- Another factor is the increase in the rate of protein food. Proteins are needed not only as an energy component. Their presence ensures that the muscles will not be used as a source of energy and the body does not lose elasticity.
When following a low carbohydrate diet, the ratio of the basic food elements of the diet should be approximately within the following limits:
- carbohydrates – 30%
- fat – 40%
- proteins – 30%
At the first stage, there is a sharp decrease in the intake of starch and sugar – components of slow carbohydrates. The obligatory formation of ketones and glucose begins to occur from protein and fat cells contained in the body’s storage depots. Due to ketogenic processes, the fat layer is consumed and the person becomes slimmer.
This diet is often recommended for people with diabetes because it eliminates sudden jumps in blood sugar levels and reduces the need for insulin to be administered from outside.
How do you lose weight?
In a healthy state, sugar levels are regulated by 2 hormones: insulin and glucagon. When the sugar level drops rapidly, glucagon is produced and hunger occurs. If the sugar level rises, the insulin rises and the sense of acute need for food disappears. A low carb diet takes these influences into account and contributes to weight stabilization.
After a month of using a low-carb diet with an abundance of protein and fat, the gradual involvement in the metabolic processes of fat surrounding the internal organs begins. It is very resistant to splitting and lasts the longest in the body.
Increased intake of proteins and fats on the background of cutting carbohydrates contributes to the formation of so-called ketones – substances that suppress appetite. Ketones are used as an additional source of energy, while maintaining muscle tissue.
Benefits and side effects
- During the application of this diet is not felt strong hunger, which eliminates the discomfort that usually accompanies the active weight loss.
- It is recommended for people with diabetes, because they have high blood sugar levels, and this diet is perfect for them.
- Such nutrition includes mechanisms for regulating the hormone insulin. It is known that elevated concentrations of this hormone block the burning of the lipid layer, and sometimes even contribute to the fact that carbohydrates are converted into spare fats. On this diet, it is possible to control the center of the brain, which is responsible for the emergence and strengthening of hunger.
- With the constant use of a low-carb diet, a stable weight is guaranteed and there is no “rebound effect” – a sharp return to the initial weight after fasting.
- This system is so balanced that its application time is not limited by the time frame, since it does not entail harmful results for the digestion and health in general.
- Equally well suited for both women and men.
- The diet of low-carb diet for weight loss provides a high level of activity. This allows you to use it for people of physical labor. In rare cases of 2-3 weeks, the presence of periodic mild weakness may be felt. But as soon as energy begins to be drawn from reserve sources, this phenomenon disappears.
- This diet does not imply a permanent calculation of calories on a plate; there is no strict restriction on food and liquid. The main thing – do not eat prohibited foods, and provide a varied healthy diet in accordance with the basic recommendations.
- With a sharp decrease in incoming sugars and starch may appear dizziness, weakness, fatigue
- effects of ketosis: headache, nausea, difficulty breathing
- irritability and temper
- bloating and flatulence
- breath odor provoked by ketosis
Fundamental rules you MUST follow
- Extra potassium intake. For this purpose, suitable full vitamin-mineral complex. Receiving multivitamins also allows you to quickly tune in to the new rhythm of metabolic processes and to ensure an adequate level of immunity.
- Strict limitation of foods with high sugar content.
- Weight loss will occur faster if you reduce the amount of salt in the dishes. A great alternative would be lemon juice.
- Preference is given to dishes that are cooked in a slow cooker, grilled, steamed or baked.
- When frying to use the minimum amount of vegetable oil, you can use a dry frying pan.
- It is recommended to eat at approximately regular intervals, do not take too long intervals, let alone skip meals. So you can only increase the state of hunger and subsequently consume a large portion of food.
- Breakfast should be organized during the first hour after the ascent in order to start the metabolic mechanism.
- Do an early dinner, 3-4 hours before bedtime. This will help to use the night time for additional splitting of extra pounds without feeling hungry.
- To avoid weight loss due to the muscles, it is necessary to enroll in the gym – this will allow you to lose weight without the appearance of friability in the muscle tissues.
- Be sure to monitor the intake of the required amount of fluid. Ideally used for this purpose purified non-carbonated mineral water. The amount of fluid should be at least 2 liters per day.
What foods you can eat?
The list of dishes allowed to use this technique is quite wide. This makes it possible to make the diet low-carb diet varied.
- Vegetables and leafy vegetables (raw, canned or thermally processed), spinach, Brussels sprout, red cabbage, cauliflower, cress, parsley, dill, celery, asparagus, artichokes, eggplants, radishes, sorrel, zucchini
- sunflower seeds
- Meat: veal, quail, duck, goose, chicken, venison, ostrich fillet, ham, rabbit. Preferred white varieties, offal. Perfect beef liver. Pork and lamb consumed moderately
fish: perfect sea, containing unsaturated fatty acids. Recommended meat of red fish (salmon, salmon, trout, pink salmon), halibut, tuna, herring, mackerel, flounder, catfish
- dairy products: natural yoghurt with low fat content, biokefir and low fat ryazhenka
- chicken and quail eggs
- during long-term low-carbohydrate meals, it is allowed to supplement the diet with small portions of wild brown rice, oatmeal or buckwheat
- low starch soy products
- mushrooms in baked or grilled
- fruits with low sugar content, such as grapefruit, kiwi, green apples, oranges and lemons
What not to eat
All high carb foods are strictly tabooed:
- vegetables with a high starch content: corn, potatoes, sugar beets, beans, peas, lentils, avocados, cauliflower, Jerusalem artichokes, squash and olives
- bakery and pastry
- starchy side dishes (potatoes, white rice, corn porridge, etc.)
- smoked meat
- sour cream
- mayonnaise and fatty sauces
- bananas and grapes
- dried fruits
- Admit it, everything is not as bad as it might seem at first glance
Sample 7-day low carb diet plan
Every day provides 4 meals. However, if the feeling of hunger becomes too unpleasant, you can make an additional snack with skimmed yogurt, yogurt or ryazhenka.
- Breakfast: an omelet from 3 chicken or 12 quail eggs with mushrooms and tomatoes. You can add onion rings or sprinkle with green onions. A cup of unsweetened organic coffee and a green apple for dessert.
- Lunch: leaf salad, seasoned with a small amount of olive oil, or 150 g of low-fat cottage cheese.
- Lunch: boiled game meat, veal or beef – 300 g, a salad of fresh cucumbers and tomatoes, sprinkled with herbs and garlic.
- Dinner: fish, baked in foil with a sprig of rosemary and lemon slice.
- Breakfast: 200 g low-fat cottage cheese and half a green apple. A cup of unsweetened green tea.
- Lunch: cucumber and tomato salad with sunflower oil.
- Lunch: white chicken salad with leafy green salad, seasoned with lemon juice and olive oil.
- Dinner: vegetable soup of carrots, broccoli, celery, grilled low-fat cheese.
- Breakfast: chicken eggs stuffed with a mixture of yolks and cheese. Tea without sugar.
- Lunch: salad of mussels, shrimps, grapefruit and celery leaf.
- Dinner: vegetable soup with tomatoes, red pepper and zucchini, pork chops.
- Dinner: a portion of boiled cauliflower or broccoli, boiled turkey slice and 2 slices of cheese.
- Breakfast: baked zucchini with cottage cheese, grapefruit.
- Lunch: a handful of walnuts.
- Lunch: chicken breast salad with the addition of beans. Fresh cucumber, radish. A cup of green coffee.
- Dinner: grilled mackerel, green apple for dessert.
- Breakfast: a cocktail of 12 raw quail eggs and 1 tsp. flax seed with lemon juice, basil and dill.
- Lunch: a handful of pumpkin seeds.
- Lunch: 300 g of chicken meat, 2 slices of hard cheese, fresh tomatoes.
- Dinner: salad of asparagus beans, squid and sesame with olive oil.
- Breakfast: scrambled eggs from 3 chicken eggs with bell pepper, a cup of coffee without sugar.
- Lunch: apple, kiwi and orange salad.
- Dinner: vegetable soup made from celery, mussels and shrimps. A portion of boiled halibut.
- Dinner: grilled champignons sprinkled with lemon juice, green apple.
- Breakfast: cottage cheese with parsley, dill and sesame – 200 g. Grapefruit and a cup of green tea.
- Lunch: cashew nuts – 20 g.
- Lunch: vegetable ragout of zucchini, tomato, gnarly pepper. 2 slices of hard cheese.
- Dinner: a piece of salmon, cooked on the grill. Fresh cucumber and tomato salad with onions.
Of course, everyone has their own truth, and I believe that it has the right to exist. The only right decision is the choice of the golden mean. No need to drive yourself into a rigid framework (because we are not bodybuilders). Restriction in buns, white bread, sweets, sugary drinks and cakes is unlikely to adversely affect the work of our heart, intestines or create a deficiency of nutrients in the body. Well, be frank in front of you. If your health, your beauty, your personal life and your career are more important to you, then you have already made your choice.
==> Here are 400+ fat burning low carb recipes to help you cut down on carbs and sugar and crush your weight-loss goals.