You probably cannot imagine how many people in the world suffer from sleep disorders, and this has become a significant problem among adults. However, you can make an attempt how to get rid of insomnia on your own, without resorting to medications. This condition creates many risks that can affect not only your health, but also your mood, concentration and ability to work. Your actions can include the following steps:
1. Set the sleep mode. Try to go to bed and wake up at the same time every day, even on weekends. The organism needs this consistency and regularity to keep the rhythm of your internal clock under control.
2. Try not to nap for a long time during the day. When you doze off during the day, your brain waves provoke the onset of a state of deep sleep, which will make it difficult to fall asleep in the evening. As a result, you will become even more tired. Ideally, a daytime sleep-rest should be between 20 and 30 minutes. This is enough to increase activity and energy for the rest of the day.
3. Reduce consumption of caffeine or alcohol. Consuming coffee, especially a few hours before bedtime, can prevent you from falling asleep. On the other hand, alcohol will quickly sink you into a dream, but you cannot sleep well, because it provokes frequent awakenings.
4. Instead, drink cherry juice. Cherry juice contains a large amount of melatonin, which helps regulate the sleep cycle. Of course, this juice cannot be called a trouble-free cure for insomnia, but the results of experimental studies have shown that it helps to quietly fall asleep.
5. Use the bed only for sleeping. Do not make your bed a working area, a playground or a place to watch movies. Otherwise, your brain will be awake, as it will cease to associate the bed with night rest and sleep.
6. Exercise regularly. Constant physical activity can help in improving the quality of sleep, since exercises regulate circadian rhythms or “body hours”. To achieve better results, experts advise giving themselves physical exertion only up to 19-00 and not later. Training increases body temperature by 5-6 hours at least, so at this time it will be difficult for you to fall asleep.
7. Adjust the temperature in the bedroom. Ideally, the most sleep-friendly temperature of your bedroom should be 16-18 degrees Celsius. And the heat and cold will not let you sleep properly, because your body will not be able to completely relax. Instead, he will have to strengthen his “work” to prevent you from freezing or overheating.
8. Turn off the light during sleep. In addition to saving energy, turning off the light will help your brain adapt to rest. In addition, experts advise not to use backlit gadgets when you are lying in bed and getting ready to go to sleep.
9. Do not force yourself to sleep. If you tried to sleep for 20 minutes, and you did not get it, it’s better to go out of the bedroom and do something relaxing. You can read a good book, paint a little or tie it. You can also meditate to accumulate positive energy. The more you force yourself to sleep, spinning in bed, the more you will become anxious. Walk around the house and do something that does not involve work.
10. Try to achieve continuous sleep. Five hours of continuous sleep is much better than eight to ten hours of sleep in snatches. You will wake up in the morning, feeling more rested if you sleep without awakening.